Every year, the Nobel Prize for Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature, Peace and the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences are announced in the first week of October and the awards ceremony is held on 10 Dec, the death anniversary of Alfred Nobel.
The prizes for Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature and Economic Sciences are awarded by the King of Sweden in Stockholm. The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded by the King of Norway in Oslo.
In the December Calendar, we take a look at the Nobel Laureates of 2014 and their work. The visual representation constitutes a bioscope through which Kudums takes a peek at the year’s Nobel Laureates.
The following are the Nobel Laureates for the year 2014.
- Physics – “Blue LED” – Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano, Shuji Nakamura
- Chemistry – “STED Microscopy” – Eric Betzig, Stefan W. Hall, William E. Moerner
- Physiology or Medicine – “Brain’s GPS” – John O’ Keefe, May-Britt Moser, Edvard I. Moser
- Literature – “using memory to evoke human destinies” – Patrick Modiano
- Peace – “struggle for children’s right to education” – Kailash Satyarthi, Malala Yousafzai
- Economic Sciences – “Market power and regulation analysis” – Jean Tirole
Detailed information on the Nobel Prizes can be obtained from their official website http://www.nobelprize.org/
We hope the lives and work of the laureates inspire some young minds to aim high and accomplish great things.